Undergraduate Student Services Office (USSO)
College of Business students receive program of study information in
the Undergraduate Student Services Office (Room 523 of the College of
Business). Freshmen and sophomore students are usually advised by the academic advisors
director, as well as the assistant director of the
Undergraduate Student Services Office.
The primary objectives of the
USSO are to:
- Advise freshmen and sophomores (students are transferred to faculty
advisors at the beginning of their junior year), new transfer students,
and students with academic problems.
- Oversee the New Student Advising and Registration Program (SYCAMORE
ADVANTAGE) for the College of Business.
- Serve as student services liaison with all other units on campus.
- Prepare senior checkouts.
- Certify completion of requirements for graduation.
- Evaluate transfer credit.
- Advise Distance Education and DegreeLink students in the College
- Oversee Degree Audit Report System (DARS) implementation.
- Recruit students by visiting high school advisors and teachers and
communicating with prospects and admitted students.
- Assess the quality of advising in the College of Business.
- Answer faculty advisor questions.
For further information contact:
Susan Johnson, Director
Sharon Robinson, Assistant Director
Adams, Administrative Assistant